What is FAMOC?
FancyFon Mobility Center (FAMOC) is a centralized platform designed to manage mobile device lifecycle from over-the-air provisioning through configuration, application update, security monitoring, periodical data backup/restore to remote troubleshooting. FAMOC is a flexible and comprehensive solution making your mobile workers more productive, providing constant access to information and increasing overall speed of business. The system ensures that mobile fleet is correctly configured in minutes, over-the-air, no matter how many devices are involved. End users no longer need to spend time downloading numerous applications before their mobile device is properly up and running. Email configuration, user settings and the current pricing guidelines are pre-loaded on the device before it reaches the user. No manual intervention, no tethering to a laptop, no hours spent on the phone with IT, are required. With FAMOC your mobile device becomes a truly productive tool, right from the start.
What are the main functions of FAMOC?
FAMOC enables managing managing every single device from the second it is activated, throughout its entire lifecycle. The system provides for seamless activation, configuration and provisioning of applications and services, real time problem diagnostics, end-user care and security management.
FAMOC ensures that:
- The mobile phone fleet is correctly configured over the air in minutes (applications installation, email set up, configuration and security policies deployment)
- Applications are loaded centrally, reducing mobile device downtime
- Email configuration, user settings and business-critical documentation are pre-loaded to phones
- In cases of accidental phone loss or error, or at end of life, all valuable data is easily and securely recovered or locked down
- Virus scanners can be installed, configured and updated remotely
- VPN configurations and policy-enforced gateway solutions that connect to external VPNs, can be implemented on any group of handsets
- VoIP, SIP and WiFi (WLAN) configurations and settings for all company branches can be installed on company phones
- In case of any problems with mobile device administrator can help user remotly by taking control over his phone’s screen and keyboard (available only on smartphones)
- Cost of managing mobile environment in an organization is considerably diminished
What mobile platforms does FAMOC support?
- Apple iPhone and iPad
- Symbian (S60 and UIQ)
- RIM BlackBerry
- Microsoft Windows Mobile
- Android (phones and tablets)
- Samsung Bada
- Nokia/Intel MeeGo
- HP/Palm WebOS
- Microsoft Windows Phone 7
How do I register for FAMOC?
What does FAMOC consist of?
FAMOC consists of a number of components designed to enable the efficient management of a mobile device through its lifecycle.
1. FAMOC Server (hosted or on site), with easy to use web-based administration console
The FAMOC server is at the heart of the solution, providing the device inventory, managing communication with mobile devices, and handling the administration sessions via a web-based GUI. FAMOC server components may consist of more than one physical server, depending on the configuration, additional fail-over, load-balancing or database server may be included.
2. FAMOC Client Components
Agents (lightweight software applications) that are installed on smartphones communicate with the server via secure data connections. Various agents perform different functions. A short description of individual agents can be found below.
- Base Agent - The Base Agent is responsible for installing and uninstalling applications, configuration deployment, device wipe and the launching of applications including other FAMOC agents.
- Device Monitor - The Device Monitor collects details about device parameters such as a WLAN Mac address, running processes, installed applications and many more. It can be launched during a Remote Access session and also reports device details back to the FAMOC server to feed the device asset database.
- File Manager - File Manager allows the administrator to browse through the file system remotely, during a Remote Access session, as well as enabling the administrator to download and upload files to and from a mobile device, over the air.
- Backup Agent - Backup Agent means that copies of data from mobile devices can be centrally stored on the FAMOC server and easily restored after data has been lost or a device has been replaced.
- Security Monitor - Security Monitor ensures that appropriate security configurations are in place on the device. Functions include locking the Bluetooth connectivity on the phone, banning the user from installing applications, and restricting access to certain applications on the device.
- Remote Access - Remote Access allows the administrator to connect to a mobile device and control the keyboard and screen remotely.
- Location Monitor - Location Monitor tracks and locates end users’ mobile devices.
- Audit Agent - Audit Agent monitors and reports user activity to the FAMOC server, records outgoing and incoming voice calls, and gives insight into outgoing and incoming text messages.
What are the benefits of using FAMOC?
With FancyFon Mobility Center any organization, no matter the size, can achieve various benefits:
- Seamless mobile environment management process – single admin console, multi-OS system, centralized database, easy access to end users
- Improving security of confidential data on handsets
- Valuable and sensitive data protection when mobile devices are lost or stolen
- Seamless mobile phone model replacement
- Instant data recovery for reset or repaired phones
- Employees not bothered with system administration tasks
- Email configuration, user settings or actual business data easily delivered to any number mobile devices simultaneously
- Facilitating access to services – e.g. remote MailForExchange or Lotus Notes Traveler configuration
- Sending information to any number of employees in seconds
- Increased efficiency of mobile employees
Give me examples of FAMOC in action
- If there is a problem with a device that requires a patch or the user settings require an update, users no longer need to call IT or bring their device in to be serviced. FAMOC allows the user to remain on the road, instead of forced downtime in the office, or on the phone waiting for an upgrade.
- When new files become available to the user, there is no need to bring the device to IT, no large email files to download, and no need to be bound to your computer. With FAMOC you may create custom catalogues for a group of users or individual devices. Applications are quickly and easily sent remotely anytime and anywhere, maximising the value of the mobile device.
- At the end of a device's lifecycle, valuable information is left on the device and a quick shift to a new device is required, to maintain the end user's productivity. Instead of waiting days to get a new device with all of the correct data, FAMOC enables an easy transition from one device to another.
- If a device is lost or stolen, it can be backed up right away and then locked down, over-the-air, to ensure that the valuable data cannot be stolen. The data is then installed to a new device with all of the important records, applications and user settings, as before.