FAMOC provides remote smartphone and tablet support to ABB, the global leader in power and automation technologies
ABB required a solution for the remote management of its telecommunications infrastructure, ensuring above all, an improvement to its mobile communication security, as well as the seamless migration of data during smartphone upgrades, and increasing the efficiency of the IT department.
- To manage disparate platforms within one solution - Java JME, iOS, Symbian, Windows Mobile, Android, RIM BlackBerry, Windows Phone, Samsung Bada, HP webOS and Intel/Nokia MeeGo
- High security features on the server and handsets
- The ability to perform automated and encrypted backup sessions Over-the-air support for device configuration and remote troubleshooting
ABB selected FancyFon’s mobile device lifecycle management solution, FAMOC, providing centralized management solution, an unparalleled level of security support across multiple mobile operating systems, automation of mobile infrastructure administration processes, and remote access to smartphones and tablets.
Using FAMOC, ABB is able to fully control the corporate mobile infrastructure, and experience a radical reduction in the cost of servicing (e.g. configuring over-the-air Mail for Exchange). By simplifying the configuration processes and empowering administrators to take remote control of corporate mobile devices remotely, FAMOC has helped to increase IT efficiency and reduce costs associated with servicing and infrastructure maintenance.
Additionally FAMOC ensures that critical corporate and personal data are protected against loss, theft or misuse by providing:
- Secure communications using VPN connection
- Password and auto-lock policy
- Memory encryption
- Installation restriction and application blacklist
- Policy on access points, Web browser, WiFi and Bluetooth
- Critical application monitoring
- Automatic wipe settings for the mobile device and memory card in case of device loss/theft
- Encrypted backup session and cross-platform data restore